Wednesday 7 March 2012

Dreams



A few years ago while I was still in school, I dreamed of having my own fashion show.
I dreamed of walking the runway after my designs came out.

Last year I made that happen. 
It was one of the best experiences of my life.
There is nothing and I mean nothing in the world like it!
I can still remember the feeling of watching the models come out on the runway wearing my designs and strutting away from the backstage. 
It was a pure adrenaline moment. You get so caught up in the music and in the moment. 
And then finally you yourself go out and bow to the crowds. It was AWESOME!
I can't even help smiling when I'm typing this. 
It was THAT great.


But now I have a new dream. :)
One day, I want to be one of the professors that sit in front during the convocation ceremony.

Just like this :)

How did I suddenly have this dream?
Well,during my Bachelors degree convocation ceremony, we all had to stand up as the lecturers, professors and also the Pro-Chancellor entered the hall.
It was inspiring to see them walking confidently with their heads held up high while the traditional music accompanies them.
(What is it with me and walking here?lol. I'm starting to notice a trend)

So, here I am now pursuing a Masters degree.
Still studying despite not having any asset to my name.
I'm weird, I don't covet 'things' much.
I'd rather choose a good education than a brand, new car or tons of money.
Some people might think I'm stupid or silly but who cares.
Do what you think is best for you.
It is your own life and in the end, you are the one who is living it.
My ultimate goal is to become a Phd. Doctor.
I still have a long and hard journey ahead of me but one thing is for sure, I NEVER quit easily.


No comments: